Cops released the disgusting clip to make the public aware of eating out-of-date food.
Police in Helena-West Helena, Arkansas released a stomach-churning video which shows maggots crawling all over a half eaten fried chicken inside a KFC box.
They said a woman contacted the department through their Facebook page and shared a clip of the contaminated chicken her son tucked into.
She claims they were served the meal from the KFC branch in West Helena, Akansas, US on October 2.
The mum told cops she took her tot to the emergency room after he began gagging and throwing up.
He was later admitted to hospital where he is now being treated for food poisoning.
She told police she contacted the manager of the fast food branch, but did not receive a response.
A police spokesman told Fox13 said although the incident is not a criminal matter, the force chose to release the video to make the public aware of the dangers of eating out-of-date food.
A KFC spokesperson said: KFC follows strict food safety and handling procedures and works closely with local and state Health Departments to ensure the safety of our food and health of our guests.
“In fact, a few days before, as well as immediately after we learned of this allegation, the Health Department conducted thorough investigations at the restaurant and found no evidence of temperature issues, pest issues, spoiled food, or any other issues of concern.
“Our chicken is inspected and hand-breaded in our kitchens by expertly trained cooks before being cooked to a temperature of 165F or higher, and hot-held at a temperature above 140F.
“Due to these strict procedures we have in place, we are confident that this did not occur while the food was still inside our restaurant.”